Lavender Farm



Last Friday my dear friend Candi came to visit from London and we took a trip to the Lavender Farm in Hitchin. I have been wanting to go all summer and I am so pleased that I finally made it and just in time as flowering season is between the end June and the end August.

I cant begin to tell you how beautiful it is there! The gorgeous purple landscape, the air filled with the scent of lavender and the sound of buzzing bees. It was a true feast for the senses.




 Not only do you get to take in the gorgeous scenery but on arrival you get given a pair of scissors and a brown bag and are told to pick as much Lavender as you like. And at £4 entry its AMAZING! I was so excited! :)

My son, nearly 16 months, loved it too! The lavender was as tall as him and made it super fun to walk in. Like a mini adventure in a new land. We couldn't get him out when it was time to go home.






Another unexpected bonus was the Sunflower field. It was magnificent!! Just rows and rows of giant golden yellow beauties facing into the sun. I could have stayed in there all day. I was amazed at how big some of them were . They were towering above my son, talk about another world. He must of felt what its like to be an insect exploring the world of flowers. And at 50p per sunflower, no matter what size, you could take some of  natures sunshine with you.







After our amazing afternoon in the flowers we headed to the barn to enjoy some delicious Lavender Earl Grey tea and cake. I can not encourage you all enough to visit! Its gorgeous and would make for a wonderful family day out, Hen Do Picnic or even Wedding venue. Just imagine the pictures. I cant wait to go back next year.


1 comment:

  1. wow this place looks amazing! love Lavender and am a huge sunflowers fan too. Gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete