Here we go - first day of Slimming World...


Yesterday I took my first step to 'finding Emily' by joining my Local Slimming World Group.
At first it was quite daunting, but once I was all registered and the group session started I felt completely at home and surrounded by people that think and feel just like me.

Today was my first official day on the Slimming World program and to my surprise it went really well! :) The thing with me is that I don't necessary eat badly I just eat HUGE amounts and love to magpie throughout the day (nibble while I cook and even nick some of Ben's food ...eek) So portion control will be hard for me but the fact that you can still eat delicious things encourages me to keep going and is probably why Slimming World is so successful and in the 45th year!!!! I also think that with being part of a group makes you push that little bit harder as you don't want to let yourself or anyone else down at the weigh in each week! When you do things by yourself you have no one to answer to and will sneak that little bit here and little bit there, I think you know what I mean :)

So in honour of my first day of Slimming World I thought I would share my first ever Slimming World friendly recipe.

Rice Salad with Lemon and Garlic Prawns ( only 2 syns - olive oil )



Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup frozen or fresh prawns
1/4 Cup each of diced peppers, cucumber, celery and tomato
1 tsp olive oil
Half a lemon 
1 garlic clove, chopped
salt and pepper
1 tsp of parsley and lemon zest to serve.

Method

1.In a wok or frying pan sauté the prawns in the oil. Once warmed through squeeze in the lemon juice, add the garlic and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes.
2. Once cooked and still hot add the rice. Leave to cool.
3. Once cool add your diced veggies and season to taste.
4. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and lemon zest.

Can be served warm, just add the diced veggies straight away.


Its so delicious and fresh tasting. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment