Blackberry Cookies...



Now these delicious beauties came to me during a moment of weakness and ended up adding quite a few syns to my daily tally but I didn't mind to much as they were just so good! Crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle with a great tang from the blackberries.


The end off Summer means its blackberry season, so why pay £2 for a handful in the shops when you can have as many as you want from the never ending store cupboard around you! Where I live you find brambles everywhere so twice a week my son and I go for a walk collecting berries as we go! Top tip though, make sure you are wearing the right clothing because where there are brambles there are nettles, which along with the thorny stems of the blackberry bush adds to rather dangerous and painful picking!


Right lets get to the baking business...


Ingredients


170g butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup fresh/frozen blackberries - I like them packed with fruit.


Method


1. Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Beat to combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients and beat to combined.
4. Fold the berries in carefully. I use frozen berries here as they hold up a bit better.
5. Drop good dolops onto a grease baking tray and bake at 160 Fan for 12 - 14 min.
6. Leave to cool.




I recommend that you eat these cookies within a few days as they will lose their crunchy outside but really I don't think that will be a problem :) It wasn't in my house...



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment