Chicken Noodle Soup...



Last night I wasn't in the mood for a major cooking session and really fancied soup, chicken noodle soup. So I looked in my favorite Little Book of Soups and found a recipe. I tweaked it a little of course, I can never leave recipes alone. I always have to put a personal touch on them. That's why I love cooking! You are open to a world of flavor and imagination.


Ingredients

Fry light
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
750ml Chicken Stock
60g of thin noodles, I used Chinese noodle (dried)
3 cooked chicken breasts, torn into pieces/shredded
4 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp chili, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper

Method

1. Spray a little Fry light into a pan and fry your onion and garlic until soft and transparent. 1-2 min.
2. Add your stock and noodles and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 6-8 min or until the noodles are cooked through.
3. Add your chili, parsley and chicken and leave to cook for another 3 min or so. Season.
4. Serve piping hot with an extra sprinkle of parsley.



This soup would be perfect on a cold and rainy day like today and great for when you are feeling a little sick. If you leave the noodles out it would be perfect to freeze. Just add the noddles when heating it up.

recipe - inspired by SW Little Book of Soups
Syns - free

No comments:

Post a Comment