Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto...




Weightloss has been a bit slow for me since getting back from Australia due to Birthdays, surgery and just being lazy I think, but I have had a few words with myself and I am feeling focused. So to start things off here is a super yummy SW recipe.

This is a recipe I have wanted to try for ages but as my OH hates risotto so I have never been able to make it. But tonight I put my foot down and decided that this is what we were having! And I am so glad I did!



Ingredients

1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite sized pieces
14 fresh sage leaves
Frylight
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped into cubes
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
350g plain dried risotto rice.
1.5lt vegetable stock
180g feta, crumbled
salt and freshly ground pepper
rocket leaves to garnish


Method

1. Preheat your oven 220C. Put your butternut and 8 sage leaves in a roasting tin and season. Spray with Frylight and roast for 25 - 30 minutes, turning once or twice, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place a large frying pan sprayed with frylight over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and celery and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the risotto rice and remaining sage and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to medium to low. Pour in a third of the stock and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until the stock has absorbed. Keep the rest of the stock on a low heat. Add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring often and waiting for the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue until the rice is tender and creamy and all the stock has been absorbed. (about 20-25 minutes)
4. Divide the risotto between 3-4 dishes. Top with feta, butternut and rocket. Garnish with roasted sage leaves.

Note. I used rosemary as I couldn't get sage. So you can use either.


This is such a scrumptious dish and great for a cold winters night. A recipe you should definitely try!


On another SW note, don't forget about my Little Book of Soups giveaway and keep an eye out for something exciting happening on the Blog in February.


Free on EE if using feta as your Healthy extra. If not add 6 syns.
recipe by SW - Autumn Flavours booklet

2 comments:

  1. I love butternut squash its one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete