Its good to be back...


Tuesday was my first Slimming World meeting since leaving for Australia in November, eight weeks away really feels like a lifetime. Amazingly I only put on 4.5lbs!!!! Not sure how that happened as I think I may have consumed my body weight in cheesestraws over Christmas and New Year.

It is so great to be back and being greeted with so many smiles and hugs really made it feel like coming home. OOO and the new pack... LOVE IT! So streamline with lots of great new ideas and recipes.

In fact I love it so much that I have jumped straight in and my first week back on plan is following Extra Easy SP. EESP consists of high protein and speed food meals. Here is an example of what I had for lunch.


Pork Loin in Tomato and Mushroom Sauce served with salad.


Basically it is just like the following the normal plan but you would leave out things like pasta, rice and potatoes. It is not something to follow for a long period of time, just when you want to put in that extra push for an upcoming event, say for a Birthday coming up. (mine is on Wednesday ) I am looking forward to seeing my results at Tuesdays weigh in next week. I hope I get results like others in my group have got.

Now onto something fun and exciting... My GIVEAWAY!!! :) :)


I love soup and around winter time its a must but I hate making the same old tomato or butternut. I purchased this recipe book awhile ago and loved it, so I thought it would be the perfect recipe book for my giveaway! Its filled with delicious Slimming World soup recipes some familiar and some not. Its a real little treasure to have in your recipe book collection.

To win this Little Book of Soups all I want you to do is comment below and briefly tell me what Slimming World has done for you. As an example I will tell you my story.


My Story, so far...

I am a person that comforts myself by eating and with ALLOT of ups and downs in my life over the last few years my weight has ballooned and my confidence has taken a massive knock because of it. 

Since joining Slimming World in August last year I have lost nearly 2 stone and regained my confidence. I am not at target yet and still have a fair bit to go but finding a weightloss plan that I love and enjoy makes losing weight easy. The bonus is being part of a group of people that have and are struggling with the same issues as me, which has helped me find belonging and comfort. Slimming World has been a dream come true for me.

Below is a photo taken over Christmas while in Australia. Before Slimming World I wouldn't ever take full length shots.


So that's it , so simple! I look forward to reading your stories. Good luck. 

2 comments:

  1. I started my Slimming World journey 6 weeks before my 30th birthday. I had decided I didn't want to be fat and 30! I know I wasn't going to lose all the weight I wanted to by then but I knew I could lose at least a stone by then so I set myself that as a target. I had previously tried Slimming World before and had lost weight but the difference to last time to this time was that after I lost weight I stopped going to group. There was something different this time. I re joined a different group this time, which also happened to be two weeks before Christmas! Madness I know! Who wants to be trying to lose weight over Christmas and New Year? I had also another reason for joining, my nanna had suffered from heart trouble for 27 years and I knew carrying extra weight could possibly end up in going that way to so I did it for my health too.

    It got to weigh day the day before my 30th birthday and I was gutted I'd hadn't quite made that 1 stone loss! It was only by 1/2lb and I remember my consultant saying to me that I had still lost 13 1/2lb in six weeks and I should be really proud of what I've achieved. I did get my stone award the week after.

    After losing that first stone I kept chipping away, I did have a few ups and downs along the way. This time I was determined to make it to target and I did! It did take me two years to get there I've lost just under 4 stone. It has totally changed my life, and changed my eating habits for the better. I still go to group every week which has made the difference and it's more of a social thing for me now as I have some really good friends there. I can now buy clothes in a size I never thought I would ever buy and I am the lightest I've ever been and have been maintaining for just over a year now. It has been a lifestyle change for me and definitely for the better. I have no intention of going back to where I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Look AMAZING! I'm heading for my third weigh in this week and slimming world so far has helped me loose 4lb and gain a tidy house! I feel motivated and energetic and positive ! I love slimming world because I love food! Plus I don't have to cook separate meals for my 3 little foodies!

    ReplyDelete