Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes...


Yesterday I managed to fight the urge to buy cake at Costa and instead came home and looked up a cupcake recipe on the SW website. This is what I found... Chocolate and Raspberry cupcakes. Amazing right!!

Mine however are a tad different as I did it in a bit of a rush and ended up putting everything in the bowl, including the fromage frais that was meant to be a topping! But saying that, they still turned out great! I will however share the correct recipe with you all , feel free to do it my way though :)


Ingredients

2 eggs
6 level tbsp caster sugar
25g low-fat margarine
25g self-raising flour
1 level tbsp coco powder
a few drops of vanilla
32 raspberries
8 tsp fat free natural framage frais
icing sugar to dust

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 160C fan and line a small muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Whisk the eggs with the caster sugar and margarine until pale and creamy. Sift the flour and coco powder over and fold into the mixture with the vanilla.
3. Place 3 raspberries in the base of each paper case and divide the cake mixture over them. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until firm and springy to touch. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
4. Decorate by spooning 1 tsp of fromage frais over each cupcake and serve with a raspberry ontop.

As I had already used the fromage frais I just sprinkled mine with icing sugar!


It does mention that these don't keep to well, only for a week but I don't think that will be a problem.

These little beauties are just 4 syns each
Recipe by SW - website

5 comments:

  1. How many did you get out of the mixture? They sound fab though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many did you get out of the mixture? They sound fab though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got six with a little left in the bowl! They are only small cupcakes! They were yummy though! I may make them again... Without adding the fromage frais he he x

      Delete
  3. I'm off to get the ingredients! X

    ReplyDelete