Marmalade Muffins ...



I have been wanting to bake FOREVER but have stopped myself as I tend to go off plan when I do. But on Sunday I gave in and very deliciously too.


As you know already we have recently moved and with moving comes new neighbors and we are lucky to have lovely ones either side. So lovely in fact that the old man next door welcomed us with a  jar of homemade marmalade. Now its not my favorite and wouldn't put it on toast but I do love cooking and baking with it. And on Sunday that's what I did :)


Ingredients

Dry
2 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

wet
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 small apple grated (no skin, you could use unsweetened apple sauce)
1/2 cup veg oil
3/4 cup marmalade
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
squeeze of orange
1 tsp orange zest

topping
2 tbsp golden granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
orange zest



Method

1. In a bowel mix all your wet ingredients together.
2. Sieve in your dry ingredients, this is just to get some air into it. Once done just tip all the wholemeal goodness into the bowel. Mix to combined.
3. Divide into muffin cases. Mix together your topping ingredients and then sprinkle over each muffin. This will give it a little crunch.
4. Pop in the oven  at 180 for 25 - 30 minutes. Once done leave to cool completely.



These muffins are great for breakfast or when you are on the run. They are moist and delicious and the marmalade gives them a great texture.

recipe -  mine
photography - mine

No comments:

Post a Comment