Chicken Noddle Tom Yum...


This week was my Birthday week, 29 on Thursday, last year in my 20's! I love Birthdays and usually do something fun but this year plans fell a little short and ended up having a bit of a quiet one at home! So being me and loving cooking I took the opportunity to cook myself a fabulous Birthday meal and try out one of the recipes from the FABULOUS new Slimming World  cookbook that is coming out for  #FreeFoodFeb!

As Free Food Feb only starts, well in Feb I'm not going to share the full book details yet but I am going to give you a bit of a taster of what you can expect with this deliciously zingy noodle dish that is packed with goodness and flavour.



Ingredients

200g dried egg noodles
200g shiitake mushrooms, sliced ( I used normal ones)
200g sugar snap peas, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
6 spring onions, finely sliced, plus some to garnish
3 cooked skinless and boneless chicken breasts, shredded
sliced red chilli to garnish

for the stock
1 litre of boiling stock
4 lemongrass sticks, finely chopped
1-3 birds chillies, finely chopped
6cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1tbsp fish sauce
juice of 1 lime
large handful of chopped fresh coriander


Method

First make the tom yum stock. Put the chicken stock, lemongrass, chillies, ginger, garlic, fish sauce,  lime juice and coriander in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 - 15 min. Take the pan off the heat and set aside for 15 - 20 minutes so the flavours can develop.
 Meanwhile cook your noodles, drain and set aside.

Strain the stock into  a clean saucepan through a fine sieve, discarding whatever is left in the sieve. Bring the stock to the boil over a high heat and add the mushrooms, sugar snaps, carrot and spring onions. Cook for 4-5 min then stir in the cooked chicken and cook for 2-3 min to warm through.

Divide the noodles between deep bowls and pour over the tom yum stock chicken and vegetables.

Scatter with fresh chilli and spring onion to serve.


 

I love this recipe and my OH did too and is something we will most definitely be cooking again!

Remember to keep your eye on my blog as book details and more about #FreeFoodFeb will be posted over the next few weeks!

recipe - Slimming World Free Food Feats
syns - Free

No comments:

Post a Comment