Gooey Chewy Mocha Cookie Sandwich...


Happy Sunday my lovely foodies and readers. Today's recipe is a disaster turned triumph he he .
I began wanting to make whoopie pies but then realised I had no eggs and with two unsuccessful trips to the neighbors I decided to just wing it and see how things turned out...as you do sometimes.

While cooking things looked good but when they came out of the oven they went pretty flat so I called them cookies! Yummy ones too I must say. Most people would give up, maybe start again when they have eggs but me i carried on and made 'lemonade out of lemons' and I am now sharing my disaster recipe with you all! he he


Ingredients

cookies
500g softened butter
140g caster sugar
tsp vanilla
135g self raising flour
5g cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk

if you wanting to make whoopie pies add two eggs, beaten and use 2 tbsp of milk rather then 4.

filling
125g softened butter
1/2 vanilla
250g icing sugar
1 tsp coffee in a tbsp of water


Method


1.Cream butter,sugar and vanilla. ( you would now add the eggs after mixing for 5 minutes)
2. Into a sieve add your flour, cocoa and baking powder. Sieve and then combine with the butter mixture. Use the milk to loosen.
3. Place a dollop on a baking tray, leaving a good space between them as they will spread. ( or a whoopie pie tin)
4. bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 10 - 15 minutes. Once baked leave to cool.
5. For the icing combine your butter, vanilla, icing sugar and coffee. you want it to be thick.
6. Once cooled,sandwich your cookies with a good dollop of icing. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee.


They are super yum even if they were a mistake!

 I will post the real whoopie pie recipe when I can and have eggs. :) Although I have added bits in that would have been the correct recipe.

And with that I will say good bye and go an enjoy my cookie sandwich with a cup of tea while the small boy sleeps...FINALLY!!!!

recipe - mine

No comments:

Post a Comment