Apple and Cinnamon Crisps...


The leaves are slowly turning and apples are at the plenty, how could I not be inspired to make something Autumnly delicious... yes Autumnly is a word - to me anyway.

I am always on the look out for healthy yet delicious snacks as I am a massive grazer, and although these do count as syns on Slimming World, they still tick all the boxes. Not to mention how easy they are to make.


Ingredients

2 -3 apples, sliced thinly and cores removed. I used a cute cutter.
1 tsp of sugar/sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon

baking paper

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 100C. You want to bake them slow and steady.
2. Place your sliced apple in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Gently toss with your hands to coat the apple slices.
3. Place on a lined baking tray and pop in the oven. Bake for 2 hours or so, you want them to be soft/cooked through but crispy.
4. Once done leave to cool completely. This will crisp them up even more.


Serve as a snack or even along side some Cinnamon ice cream for desert. They would be great over Christmas time too.


This picture is actually my second batch as the first one was eaten before I could get a photo! Yes they that yummy!


The crisps will last up to a week in an airtight container.

recipe - mine
syns - 3-4 per 25g as the apples are baked.

1 comment:

  1. I love apples.. I love cinnamon!
    Ah this sounds like my perfect snack. I've roasted apples with cinnamon which is lovely. Bet this is great with the crisp crunch ah! This makes me hungry!

    Erica x

    www.spinachandspecs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete