Rose Petal Shortbread...


Today I felt like baking so baking is what I did :)

As I didn't really know what I wanted to bake I looked in my cupboard for inspiration and found a little packet of rose petals from The Spicery  that my friend gave me and I immediately thought shortbread.


This is a basic shortbread recipe that I then added the rose petals to. It works every time so is a great recipe to keep in your kitchen.

Ingredients

125g butter
55g caster sugar
180g plain flower
rose petals - for baking


Method

1. Heat your oven to 160 fan. Cream your butter and sugar in a bowl. I love to use a wooden spoon, reminds me of when i was a child and baking with my granny.
2. Then add your flour and bring together, adding your petals half way through.


3. When everything has come together gently roll out to about 1 cm thick. The dough is very delicate. Then cut into rounds using a cutter or a glass.
4. Place on a lined baking tray with a sprinkling of caster sugar and then pop in the fridge for 20 min. After 20 min place in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. You want them to be a light golden colour.
5. Leave to cool.


You end up with the most buttery, creamy yet crispy shortbread. Just delicious!


These are perfect for a gift or even an afternoon tea. The rose petals add a very subtle flavor but give the shortbread a bit of elegance. Choc chips would work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment