Fairy Bites...


Today I was visited by an old school friend that I haven't seen in years. I obviously had to bake something to celebrate this wonderful visit! :)

I wanted to bake something cute and tasty and after browsing Pinterest last night was inspired by these cute little shortbread cookies and just had to have ago at myself. As usual I gave them my own little twist and flavoring. (They are a lighter version too..woohoo)


Ingredients

1/2 cup light butter, softened
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sweetener (you can of course just use sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
GOOD sprinkle of 100s and 1000s (try get the very bright ones if you can as mine faded slightly)


Method

1. Cream the butter and sugar together and then mix in the Vanilla.
2. Combine with the flour and salt and then sprinkle in your 100's and 1000's.
3. Using you hands bring together to form a ball of dough.
4. On a floured surface press out the dough, you want it to be about 1/2 cm thick. Then using a cutter cut out your cookies. ( you can also bake it as one sheet and then cut into cubes.)
5. Place the cookies on a lined or greased and floured baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Once done leave to cool completely.


These cookies are deliciously crumbly and the 100's and 1000's add a little bit of texture and colour. They would be a fabulous treat at a little girls tea party or even given as a gift in a pretty jar.


Strawberry milk is optional but always a winner in my book :)

recipe - inspired by pinterest but mine
syns - around 3 syns each

No comments:

Post a Comment