Tarragon Chicken with Rosemary Potaoes...


Over the last few months I have regained my passion for cooking and try to cook something different every night if I can. I have even started to try new flavours, ones that I usually stay away from like Tarragon. I really don't like that aniseed flavour, so have always shied away from using it but I must admit that with age my taste buds have changed, so I decided it was about time I gave it a go.

And I am very pleased I did as this dish is delicious and great for the family. 


serves 2 - 4

Ingredients

2 - 4 large potatoes, cut into cubes
4 chicken breasts, all the same size if possible.
300g button mushrooms
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
500ml chicken stock
handful of fresh chopped tarragon
2 level tbsp dijon mustard
tbsp dried rosemary
salt and pepper


 Method

1. Boil your potatoes for 3 -5 minutes then transfer to a baking tray with a little salt, pepper. fry light and the dried rosemary. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
2. Meanwhile in a pan brown your chicken and set aside. In the same pan fry off your onion, garlic and mushrooms. Once softened add your stock, mustard and tarragon and then return your chicken to the pan. Simmer for 20 -25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You want the sauce to reduce so keep it on a medium to high heat.
3. Serve with a green salad and a sprinkle of fresh tarragon.



For my Slimming World lovelies this is half a syn.
based on a SW recipe

1 comment: